Adding the Follow me Printers to a Windows computer
**Your computer must be plugged into and set up on the University of Mobile's network in order to add and use the FollowMe printer on your computer. ***
- In the Cortana Search bar located on the Task bar (next to the start menu button) type in Control Panel.
- Click on Control Panel once it is visible in the Search Results.
- Once the Control Panel window is open, Change the category setting to small or Large Icons. The category option is on the top right of the window.
- Find Devices and Printers and left click once.
- Once the Devices and Printers window is up, Click Add Printer.
- You will see a window pop up that will automatically start searching for all printers on the network.
- Wait for the FollowMe on Printserver option to show up.
- If the FollowMe Printer does not show up, select “The printer that I want isn’t listed” highlighted in blue at the bottom of the window.
- Choose “Select a shared printer by name”
- Choose Browse and a window will pop up with the word Network in the address bar at the top.
- You can either scroll down until you find PRINTSERVER, or type \\printserver in the address bar at the top of the window.
- Select FollowMe
- Click Select at the bottom of the window
- Select Next
- The computer will automatically install the printer driver.
- Do not print a test page, just click ok.
The printer will be available for printing.
***Personal computers are not allowed on the University of Mobile's network for security purposes. You will not be able to add the Follow me printer to a personal computer in this way, but there is a Web Print option available. You can find the web printing article under the Printing Section of our Helpdesk Solution's Page.***