Adding CX Connect (Jenzabar) to your desktop
***You Must be logged on the University administrative network in order for CX to download and work. You must also have a proper login for Jenzabar in order to use the program***
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the Address bar at the top, type in or copy and paste this address:
- You will see a screen that states, “Your connection is not private”. This is normal. Just click the “Advanced” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select “Proceed to umserv.umobile.edu (unsafe)
- Click on the “Run Jenzabar CX”
- It will begin installing but immediately be covered by a notice stating, “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep CXConnect.jnlp anyway?” Select Keep.
- Click the ^ next to where the CXConnect.jnlp file has been downloaded.
- Choose “Show In Folder”
- Your Downloads folder will open.
- Hold left click on CXConnect.jnlp and drag it to an empty location on your desktop.
Setting up Java Security to allow CX Connect to run
- In the Cortana Search bar located on the Task bar (next to the start menu button) type in Control Panel.
- Click on Control Panel once it is visible on the Search Results.
- Once the Control Panel window is open, Change the category setting to small or Large Icons. The category option is on the top right of the window.
- Find Java (32-bit) and left click once.
- A Java Control Panel window will open.
- Open the Security Tab
- Look for the Exception Site List
- Click the “Edit Site List…” Button
- Click Add
- Type in the following addresses pressing enter after each entry:
- Click Ok
- Click Ok again
- Try to open the CXConnect icon on your desktop. It should open asking you to verify if you want to Run the program.
- Click the check box and then click Run.