You can now change the password for your University of Mobile Office 365 account. Hopefully this makes life easier for all!
- ACCOUNT PASSWORDS CANNOT BE CHANGED MORE THAN ONE TIME IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. If this happens, contact IT and we’ll be happy to change it for you.
- WHEN OFFICE 365 ACCOUNT PASSWORDS ARE CHANGED, THEY ARE WRITTEN BACK TO OUR DOMAIN CONTROLLER. Your domain computer login password will always be the same as your current Office365 password.
- When a password is changed in Office 365, it will take approximately 30 minutes to populate in our domain controller for computer login purposes.
- If you change your domain computer login password, it will populate in Office365 in approximately 30 minutes and you will have to provide the new password for your Apps. i.e. (Onedrive, Outlook…)
Directions to change your password while logged into your Office 365 account:
- Go to login.microsoftonline.com and log into your UM account
- Click on the Settings Gear on the upper right corner of the page
- Select (Change your password)
- Enter your old password (Password used to sign into the account)
- Create a new password that has the following specifications
- Cannot be any of the previous 4 passwords set
- Must Contain 8 Characters
- Characters must contain at least one number and one special character (!@$%)
From there you will be automatically re-directed to your online account.
Directions to change your password when you’ve locked yourself out (More than 5 attempts) or you’ve forgotten your password:
- Open a browser and go to passwordreset.microsoftonline.com
- Enter your user id. i.e. (email@example.com)
- Enter the Captcha letter/number combo
Here, you will be offered two options
- I forgot my password:
- This will allow you to receive a verification number to change your password by email, text or call via the alternate contact info that the account user provided upon setup.
- Create a new password that has the following specifications, It cannot be any of the previous 4 passwords you have used:
- Must have 8 Characters
- Must have 1 uppercase letter
- Must have 1 number
- Must have 1 special character (!@#$)
- I know my password, but still can’t sign in
- This will allow you to receive a verification number to unlock your account by email, text or call via the alternate contact info that the account user provided upon setup.
Once the password has been changed or account unlocked, go to login.microsoftonline.com and log in.